Easy, delicious cilantro lime chicken tacos with juicy marinated chicken that is cooked to perfection on a skillet. Top the tacos with fire-roasted corn, red onion, tomatoes & cotija cheese for flavorful tacos that will be on the table in less than 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Tacos are a favorite around here, any day of the week. Making the tacos is so quick as you just need to prep the toppings and then everyone can assemble their tacos to their liking for the easiest dinner.
I like to serve it with some Spanish-style rice to complete the meal!
Why You’ll Love these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe:
- The marinade gives the chicken SO much flavor and makes it so juicy
- Everyone can customize their tacos to their liking, so it makes a great family dinner
- Dinner is on the table in 30 minutes or less!
- No grill is needed for this juicy, flavorful chicken
What to Marinate Chicken In
Marinating the chicken is a very important step, as it gives it a ton of flavor and also tenderizes it so that the chicken is juicy and not dry.
I personally like to use chicken tenders, but if you prefer, you can absolutely use chicken thighs or a chicken breast. If you are choosing to use chicken breast, I recommend you tenderize it with a meat mallet to get the chicken thinner so that it will cook easier on the stove.
To make the marinade, combine:
- The juice of 2 large limes
- 4 large minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning (I love the one from Simply Organic)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup avocado oil
Once that is whisked together, either add the marinade to a dish or large ziploc bag. Add the chicken and cover the meat with the marinade. Keep in the fridge for 4-24 hours, ideally, but if you only have 30 minutes, it’s definitely better than nothing!
How to Cook Chicken on the Stove
There are a few different options for cooking the Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos. If you feel like firing up the grill- that’s a great way to do it! I mean, is there anything better than grilled chicken?!
But, if that option isn’t available, fear not! We can still make delicious chicken indoors. My go-to method for cooking this chicken is on the stovetop.
If you have a cast-iron skillet, that would be a great pan to use. If not, any non-stick skillet should work.
Simply heat the skillet over medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Then, add a few tablespoons of avocado oil- I like to use an oil that lends itself to higher heat cooking if I am searing meat on the stove.
Allow the avocado oil to heat for another 30 seconds and then add the chicken to the skillet. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes or until browned. The cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on how thick the chicken is.
Steps to Make this Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe:
Making these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos is seriously so easy! Here’s the simple steps:
1.Dice or chop all of the necessary toppings for the tacos like the baby tomatoes and red onions.
2. Cook the chicken on the stovetop, allow it to rest for a few minutes.
3. While the chicken is resting, heat the tortillas over the stove either over direct-flame or in a skillet.
4. Assemble your tacos!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you’ve made this recipe, it would mean so much if you left a review and comment. I absolutely love hearing from you! You can also reach out to me on Instagram and find more recipes through my Pinterest.
Looking for another easy weeknight dinner? You’ll love:
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb chicken tenders or substitute with thighs or breast
- 2 juiced limes
- 4 large minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 pint diced baby tomatoes
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 cup fire-roasted corn cooked from frozen
- In a shallow dish, whisk together: juice of 2 limes, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro & 1/2 cup avocado oil.
- Add the chicken and allow to marinate in the fridge for 4-12 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a few tbsp of avocado oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pan sear until golden brown and crispy on each side, about 4-5 mins per side. (Optional: grill the chicken)
- Prep the rest of the ingredients by warming the tortillas on the stove and cooking the frozen corn.
- Chop the chicken and assemble the tacos!