Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Garlic Mint Yogurt
Harissa-spiced lamb meatballs with parsley, panko and garlic are paired with a zesty, herbaceous garlic mint yogurt sauce for an easy, delicious dinner.
For the Harissa Lamb Meatballs
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp harissa seasoning or paste I have only tested this recipe using Simply Organic Harissa Seasoning
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (stem and leaves)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
For the Garlic Mint Yogurt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or quark
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Preheat oven on broil-high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly brush with avocado oil.
Place all ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl and use hands to mix until combined, being careful not to over mix.
Form meatballs using an ice cream or cookie dough scoop and place on baking sheet.
Broil on high for 6 minutes, flip, and broil for another 6 or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees using a meat thermometer.
To make yogurt, stir together all ingredients and chill in the refrigerator until serving.