Creamy Mushroom and Rice Soup
This Creamy Mushroom & Rice Soup is so easy to make with simple ingredients like shiitake and bella mushrooms, broth, parmesan, cream and rice for a delicious, healthy soup recipe your whole family will love!
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 8 0z baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cups broth beef or chicken bone broth is great for flavor, or use vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white rice rinsed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Heat a large pot over medium heat for a few minutes. Add a thin layer of cooking oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds.
Add the diced white onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
To the pot, add the sliced shiitake mushrooms and diced baby Bella mushrooms and sauté until softened and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the 1 tsp: garlic powder, oregano and thyme, 1/2 tsp of salt and butter and 2 tbsp of butter and stir.
Pour in the broth and add the 1/2 cup dry white rice. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low & cover for 20 minutes.
With the heat on low, stir in the 1/3 cup heavy cream and parmesan. Taste for salt preferences!